LED light therapy is a great treatment to help speed recovery time after other treatments, or as a stand alone treatment for a variety of skin problems, as well as for overall well being.
Acne-prone and sensitive, dull skin can really benefit from this non-invasive, relaxing treatment option.
If you’d like to find out more about how this treatment could make a difference to your skin, book an appointment to visit our skin clinic near Wigan.
Lumineo LED Therapy
This gentle, non-invasive treatment is administered using a special device that utilises varying wavelengths of non-thermal light to treat different skin concerns. It leaves your skin looking and feeling brighter, clearer, and more hydrated.
LED therapy is a great option to help with:
- Breakouts and acne
- Signs of aging
- Sun damage
How Does LED Therapy Work?
LED wavelengths penetrate the skin at different depths for a variety of therapeutic benefits.
Different wavelengths of the visible light spectrum correspond to different colours of LED light, and each colour does something different for you.
- Red light penetrates around 8-10mm. At this depth, the LED light works directly to stimulate fibroblasts, regenerating collagen, strengthening elastin and boosting hyaluronic acid production; these are the building blocks for youthful skin. That’s why we use red light to minimise wrinkles and fine lines, whilst boosting hydration. This is perfect for sensitive skin as it soothes irritation, and inflammation, and reduces redness.
- Yellow light rejuvenates the skin and brightens the complexion. It improves blood circulation, oxygenation and helps to eliminate toxins. Yellow light is also used to reduce the appearance of redness and inflamed skin.
- Green light is fantastic for hyperpigmentation; it reduces melanin production and inflammation in the skin. It also soothes and brightens the skin, and improves cellular growth.
- Blue light penetrates around 2-4mm and is known for its antibacterial properties, reducing bacteria and production of sebum, and helping to calm and soothe the skin, leaving a clearer complexion.
- Purple light improves skin clarity, it accelerates healing, and brightens the skin.
- Orange light boosts blood circulation, aids in lymphatic drainage, boosts oxygenation and feeds the skin with nutrition.
What To Expect
Treatments are painless, non-invasive, and calming. They usually last around 20 minutes, and patients often leave feeling relaxed.
There is no downtime with this treatment, so you can have it done in your lunch break and head straight back to work!
As with most skin treatments, you’ll feel and see the difference after your first treatment, but you may need a course of treatments for long lasting results.